The Friends of Poltimore House
AGM - 18th June 2016
Members of 'The Friends of Poltimore House' are invited to attend, nominate and vote for the committee at this years AGM on the 18th June in the Chapel at Poltimore House at 12pm.
To vote/nominate a committee member then please print and post or email the attached form to the current secretary by the 4th June
The Friends of Poltimore House was founded in 2004, and now has nearly 400 members.
Members support the House in many different ways.
- Your subscription makes a vital contribution to our funds
- your help on Work Party days (more) helps to clear the house and grounds
- all kinds of skills are needed and appreciated - all welcome
- being involved proves, again and again, how important Poltimore House is to the community
- being involved has helped us to raise funds to maintain the house, and to do more fundraising!
Some Achievements of the Friends
- Clearance of the grounds and running the 1st Plant Sale
- Opening up the grounds to the public
- Launch of Pole for Poltimore appeal which helped lead to English Heritage granting funds for scaffolding
- With scaffolding up the house was safe enough to be opened for regular open afternoons
- Bringing the chapel back into use
- Working to get the security caravan on site
- The first wedding receptions were held
- Stewarding the Global Gardeners exhibition for 2 weeks
- Events were held in the chapel and grounds
- Beginning work on the Old Kitchen Block
- An unusual Birthday Party – to celebrate the 5th Birthday of the Friends
- Continuing work on the Old Kitchen Block
- Laying out a sensory garden at the site of the old bird avaries
- Restoring the Chapel window
- Clearing the area ready for the new Nursery Garden in 2012
- Continuing work on the sensory garden
- Laying the path to the chapel kitchen door
- Many events were held such as the Plant Sale, Craft and Food Fair and Heritage Open Weekend
- Felling and clearance of the unsafe poplar trees from the central avenue
Tasks on recent work parties have included: cleaning & clearing the chapel and house ready for an open day, planting trees, general planting and gardening, surveying, filling potholes, creating paths, scraping paint and paper off walls, painting, general carpentry, electrical work, clearing gutters…..the list goes on
There is still more to do!
More stewards for open days and more people willing to serve teas, coffees and cakes to our visitors as well as those who like to get dirty in the grounds or dusty in the house.
So come along and be a Friend!
As a Friend you will:
have a say in what the Friends do
have a vote at general meetings
be able to stand for office
receive regular news of how the Friends and the Trust are doing and how the project is progressing
be able to take an active part in Friends’ activities
be able to add your weight to the effort needed
You will have the satisfaction of knowing you helped to make it all happen!
Click here to JOIN US!
Friends of Poltimore House
Exeter, EX4 0AU
Friends of Poltimore House: Charity number 1111977